UnityPoint Health Neurodiagnostic Technician II-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
Performs Non-invasive neurological patient testing as ordered by physicians. Testing is conducted in accordance with standards of practice as defined by Unity Point Health Des Moines and the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society. Consistently utilizing a holistic approach (considering physical, psycho/social, spiritual, educational, safety and related criteria) appropriate for pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients served in the assigned service area.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Functions within the scope of practice of the American Board of Registry for Electroneurodiagnostic Technology.
• Performs Non-invasive neurodiagnostic studies (EEG’s, ENG’s, and NCS’s).
• Calibrates and adjusts diagnostic equipment; sterilize/chloride electrodes; maintains levels of supplies; prepares room and cleans rooms following procedures.
• Compile data for QA studies and statistics; properly stores and retrieves tracings as needed; prepares month end reports; process requisitions and patient charges.
• Assists with clerical duties in the department i.e. telephone coverage, filing, photocopying, inventory control and ordering of supplies.
• Attends department meetings, hospital in-services and education offerings to maintain clinical expertise.
• Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
• 30 CEUs per 5 years to maintain registry.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Registered EEG Technologist required. BA/ BS Preferred. Registered Evoked Potential Technologist preferred.
Experience: 1 year clinical experience in a Neurodiagnostics required.
License(s)/Certification(s): Current REEGT- Registered EEG Technologist Required. BLS Certified (or for new hires obtained within 90 days of start date). Current Valid Driver’s License and car Insurance may be required when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Read, Write and Speak fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Customer/ Patient focused. Critical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisions.
Requisition ID: 2021-92535
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $21.65/Hr.
Name: EEG- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: As Needed- varied hours
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org