UnityPoint Health Manager Cardiovascular Invasive-Cardiac Cath Lab-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
The Manager of Cardiovascular Invasive Diagnostic Services is responsible for the cardiovascular procedures performed within the cardiovascular service line. This includes Cardiac and Vascular diagnostic/angiograms, interventions, Electrophysiology studies and interventions, structural heart procedures, and prep and recovery of these patients on the ILH, IMMC Campuses.
As a member of the Cardiovascular management team, the Manager of Cardiovascular Lab Services leads the service line in the provision of patient and physician centered services. He/She is responsible for the accomplishment of results and targets that set the standard in quality, service, growth and fiscal management. He/She assists in the development of the vision and strategic direction, which supports the vision and values of the service line and UPH. He/She coordinates the design, development and implantation of new services within the cardiovascular lab.
The Manager leads in a manner that elicits trust and builds confidence in others. The climate provided offers opportunities for staff to develop new skills, increase self-confidence, share ideas and encourage decision making at the staff level. Additionally, this position serves as a resource and preventative for the service line among UPH affiliates, other health care providers, and the community.
· Serves as the development resource for cardiovascular labs by working closely with staff, supervisors, Medical directors and service line physicians. Represents the service line to medical staff, department, sections and committees.
· Leads, manages and supports the staff members in cardiovascular labs.
· Responsible for clinical services. (ie. Management of employee and clinical resources, standards of practice, evaluation of care and services.)
· Responsible for the administrative services. (ie. Development of budget and effective use of financial resources, marketing of services to the community, strategic planning, cooperative relations with other UnityPoint Health affiliates and services.
· Examines measures and continuously improves operational processes, procedures and systems.
· Collaborates with managers, is accountable for and produces aggressive quality, service growth and cost targets and results.
· Guides the development of the staffs professional and leadership skills. Serves as a role model of to staff. Constructively coaches and counsels staff.
· Maintains an open, honest, collaborative relationship with service line employees, the medical staff and the community.
· Demonstrates leadership in achieving quality patient care by optimizing use of resources.
· Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· This position may be assigned a specific mission to address in an emergency situation to assist in disaster response and recovery as part of the UPH-DM Hospital Emergency Incident Command System. Situations of a critical nature may require an individual to perform multiple tasks until additional support can be obtained.
· Participates in and contributes to professional and community activities outside the health system.
· Performs functions other than described due to extenuating circumstances.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Integrates and demonstrates FOCUS values and expectations for Leadership Essentials to guide professional behaviors, while adhering to the policies and procedures of UPH-DM.
· Demonstrates ability to meet the needs of department work schedule.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Maintains awareness of applicable laws and/or regulations affecting the service line area. Remains current on law/regulation changes, recognizes implications to the organization and recommends courses of action to ensure compliance.
· Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field.
· Master’s degree in related field to be completed in 5 years.
· Must complete UPHDM Management Course within first year.
· Five years of progressive responsible management position in hospital, outpatient or clinic environment.
· Demonstrated excellent results in improving performance.
· Demonstrated experience as an excellent communicator, leader, and developer of people and programs.
· Certification and licensure in the state of Iowa will be maintained when appropriate.
· Read, Write and Speak fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
· Customer/ patient focused.
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisions.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
· Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle, rental or own vehicle
Requisition ID: 2018-49195
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: Cardiac Cath Lab- Meth
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org