UnityPoint Health EMG Tech in Des Moines, Iowa
Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No nights or weekends. Wednesday morning will be at the downtown location, all other shifts will be at the Lakeview location.
This is for an EMG tech position for 4 days/week at our Lakeview Neuro location and 1 day/week at the downtown Neuro location.
Accurately performs diagnostic exams of patients using a holistic approach in accordance with quality control regulations in a professional and courteous manner. Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Produces diagnostic ultrasound of patients in conformance with established department techniques and procedures by the proper selection and accurate operation of equipment and knowledge of technical factors.
· Assist the physician in the interpretation of the technical aspects of the completed examination.
· Provide proper explanation of procedures to patients, their families, and others as needed to insure the patients understanding of the examination to be performed.
· Coordinate the work schedule for patients and procedures for efficient patient flow.
· Practice sterile techniques and prevent cross-contamination while assisting physicians with procedures.
· Assist in transfer of patients to and from the examination table and provide proper immobilization devices for positioning or transporting as required.
· Evaluate requisitions for the proper and accurate completion of ultrasound examinations, complete additional paperwork for recordkeeping, and aid in the proper storage of completed exams.
· Maintain knowledge of all Ultrasound Equipment in the department.
Development and Patient Education
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Meet the department work schedule.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
· Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High School diploma.
· Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Technology School or ARRT registered.
· Demonstrated ultrasound experience
· ARDMS Registered/Eligible.
· Maintain ARRT or ARDMS CEU requirements.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Certified Nerve Conduction Technologist (CNCT)
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Able to write, read, comprehend and speak fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-90991
Street: 1221 Pleasant St
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Multi- Methodist Plaz- DM
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org