Catholic Health Initiatives Emergency Department Tech - Emergency Department FT .9 (230pm-3am Mon, Thurs, Fri) in DES MOINES, Iowa
Emergency Department Tech - Emergency Department FT .9 (230pm-3am Mon, Thurs, Fri)
Location: DES MOINES, IOWA, UNITED STATES
Requisition #: 2020-R0278895
Post Date: Mar 25, 2020
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 72
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
GENERAL SUMMARY :
Supports the Emergency Department professional clinical staff by providing direct patient care, performing phlebotomy functions, EKGs and assistive skills on all age groups: neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric as assigned by the physician or RN. Performs clerical work and coordinates communications within the assigned nursing unit. Facilitates the information exchange process between the nursing area and other hospital departments. These duties may vary by shift and assigned department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
· Assist Triage Nursing in meeting the needs of individuals in the waiting area, with vitals, rooming patients, and helping get patients out of car.
· Completes daily stocking in assigned team.
· Assists RN with arrival of EMS patients.
· Transports patients to other departments within the hospital (CT, Surgery, and to admitted floor).
· Cleans room (changes linens on carts, disposes of used equipment and disposable items, and wipes down counters and sinks when necessary) in preparation for the next patient.
· Rounding hourly on patients and meeting their needs or communicating them to the RN.
· Performs or assists patients with personal hygiene such as oral care, dressing/undressing and elimination needs.
· Collects and accurately labels various specimens, including urine and venous blood specimens.
· Performs tasks including positioning and maintaining patient in correct and safe alignment; measuring and recording temperature, pulse rate, respiratory rate and blood pressure; measuring and recording height and weight as directed.
· Assists with post-mortem care as directed by the clinical staff.
· Performs or assists with CPR.
· Communicates changes/information regarding patient's physical/mental condition to the RN.
· Performs and transmits 12-Lead EKG.
· Performs urethral catheterization (intermittent and indwelling).
· Answers incoming phone calls and places calls to ancillary departments and physicians.
· Completes physicians order for inpatient bed in TeleTracking system.
· Orders transport for patients in the TeleTracking system.
· Prepares charts for scanning and log them into Lynx.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
· High school diploma preferred or high school equivalency.
· Experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant, Patient Care Technician, a Phlebotomist, or certified in Iowa as an EMT-B or Paramedic.
· Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
Requisition ID: 2020-R0278895
Market: Mercy Medical Center
We are excited to share that CHI was named as one of America’s Best Employers 2019, by Forbes. Clickhereto learn more.
Chances are, you’re here because you’re looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment. We’re confident you’ll find all three at CHI. As one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen. Learn More
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic
Catholic Health Initiatives
- Catholic Health Initiatives Jobs