UnityPoint Health Department Secretary-Clinical Simulations in Des Moines, Iowa
Responsible for clerical support to the Community Training Center and Simulation programs within the Simulation Education Center; with a focus on efficient and productive workflows within these programs.
• Performs KRONOS duties for simulation education and contracted staff.
• Maintains equipment rental or check-out
• Registers participants as needed for in-house courses
• Process credit cards through Virtual Merchant.
• Recruits and communicates with volunteers for simulation scenarios.
• Creates and updates standard operating procedures for the training center.
• Maintains records of minutes at department meetings.
• Maintains online department policies and manuals.
• Assembles mailings/correspondence to aligned CTC instructors.
• Oversees statistical data for CTC/Simulation programs/offerings.
• Performs general secretarial/receptionist duties to support the activities of the CTC and Simulation programs including typing, filing, copying, distributing mail, ordering and maintaining office supplies, and gathering and recording pertinent information.
• Answers, screens, and routes calls. Communicates effectively with a wide variety of employees, community agencies, and the general public.
• Operates all necessary software programs, including Microsoft Office, Access, Lawson, and NetLearning.
• Acts as support person for fax and copy machine within simulations area.
• Maintains record management/tracking of aligned instructors (courses taught, roster of courses, quality control monitoring, and card expiration) for CTC.
• Process CTC card orders from aligned instructors.
• Works independently.
• Demonstrates ability to consistently meet the department work schedule.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents, and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent, plus an additional year of secretarial training. Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English, with ability to carry out both written and verbal instructions.
Experience:Previous experience of two years in business or secretarial environment. Must type a minimum of 60 wpm. Knowledgeable with Microsoft programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends, and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Microsoft Office – basic computer skills. Customer/patient focused.
Requisition ID: 2020-82137
Street: 1415 Woodland Ave
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $13.90/Hr.
Name: Clinical Simulations
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Days - 7:30 - 4
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org