UnityPoint Health Data Specialist-Trauma Services-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
Under the direction of the Trauma Program Manager, the Trauma Data Specialist will be responsible for the data, data collection and entry into the Trauma Registry. Maintain confidentiality of registry data. Provide registry data as appropriate for performance improvement, education and research.
• Performs basic data collection of demographics, and coding of clinical and follow-up data from all sources into trauma registry database. Interacts with physicians, nurses and other members of the trauma team to perform trauma registry functions. Will keep registry current within 60 days of patient discharge.
• Abstracts, assembles, enters and codes clinical data with 95% accuracy into computer database by using the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS), National Trauma Data Set (NTDS) and the Iowa Trauma Patient Data Dictionary
• Initiates quality control review of database and resolves issues to assure consistency and accuracy of data collected.
• Participates in trauma research by responding to data requests from physicians or other team members and trending data/internal and external demands.
• Ensures software updates are completed and functional.
• Assists in the preparation of reports using data extracted from electronic data bases.
• Downloads hospital Trauma Registry data to State Trauma Registry at the Iowa Department of Public Health as required and to NTDS/TQIP on a quarterly basis.
• Maintains patient confidentiality including confidentiality of sensitive hospital performance improvement information.
• Participates in data validation.
• Facilitates the completion of abstraction data by obtaining missing information from EMS providers.
• Participates in Trauma Performance Improvement and educational conferences in order to maintain and expand Trauma Registry knowledge base.
• Participates in the TQIP monthly education and takes the monthly TQIP quiz.
• Participates in internal and community outreach education, trauma systems and trauma data.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Strong background in Anatomy and Physiology with knowledge of medical terminology. Commitment to complete Trauma Registrar course within one year of employment.Strong computer skills, Excel experience preferred. Must be a team player and ability to be independently productive.
Requisition ID: 2018-49986
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $15.00/Hr.
Name: Trauma Services- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.8
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Mostly Days (32 hours/week)
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org