Catholic Health Initiatives Childbirth Educator- Patient Childbirth Education PRN in DES MOINES, Iowa
Childbirth Educator- Patient Childbirth Education PRN
Location: DES MOINES, IOWA, UNITED STATES
Requisition #: 2020-R0278374
Post Date: 5 days ago
Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
GENERAL SUMMARY :
Facilitates the planning, implementation, teaching and evaluation of childbirth education. Develops, implements and coordinates all childbirth education classes and curriculum.
Essential function :
· Develops and coordinates programs as directed.
· Acts as resource in specialty area.
· Promotes, schedules, and evaluates all Childbirth classes.
· Provides instruction in specialty area for staff.
· Develops curriculum for Childbirth Education programs
· Serves as a resource in area of specialty and collaborates with other disciplines
· Demonstrates formal and informal leadership behaviors.
· Practices effective problem identification and resolutions skills as a method of sound decision making.
· Demonstrates an awareness of self responsibility and accountability for own professional practice. Seeks guidance in area of question.
· Actively participates on committees and community outreach projects.
· Coordinates schedules for all childbirth education instructors
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
· Certified or working towards certification by International Childbirth Education (ICEA)/ Lamaze InternationalORpossession of a current or compact state license as a registered nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
· Current knowledge of childbirth education and necessary nursing theory.
· Bachelor of Education degree preferred, will consider other degree in candidate with extensive presentation and education experience.
· Three years in teaching/coordinating programs related to specialty areas.
· Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
Requisition ID: 2020-R0278374
Market: Mercy Medical Center
We are excited to share that CHI was named as one of America’s Best Employers 2019, by Forbes. Clickhereto learn more.
Chances are, you’re here because you’re looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment. We’re confident you’ll find all three at CHI. As one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen. Learn More
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic
Catholic Health Initiatives
- Catholic Health Initiatives Jobs