UnityPoint Health Certified Medical Assistant/Licensed Practical Nurse - Clinic openings at several Des Moines area clinic locations in Des Moines, Iowa
Des Moines and surrounding regions
CMA's & LPN's
Full Time Benefits
UnityPoint Clinics has new immediate Full-Time openings in Des Moines area for CMA's. Certified Medical Assistants at UnityPoint Clinic are a major component of a patient's journey. A positive experience is the core of the UnityPoint Clinic mission to give patients the best health care experience. At UnityPoint Clinic, we want your CMA career to benefit you as you help every patient. With training and places for growth, UnityPoint Clinic wants to help you make the most of your education and experience.
Ask us about our $1,000 sign on bonus for any new hire CMA/LPN!
UnityPoint Clinics offers competitive pay and exceptional benefits including 401k Match, tuition assistance and PTO! For more information, and to apply online go to www.unitypoint.org/careers or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with our Recruiter today!
Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures. Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status. Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-10 coding. Answer questions and provide teaching to patients and family members.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
· Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties.
· May be required to draw and collect blood and other samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
· Administer ordered medical and/or vaccines.
· Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
· Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-10 coding.
· Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
Development and Patient Education
· Answer questions and provide teaching to patients and family members.
· Thoroughly understand testing (lab and procedures) values and relationship to patient status with accountability to take next steps, as appropriate to scope and licensure.
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance and behave in a manner consistent with all policies and procedures, including but not limited to Compliance, HIPAA and personnel workplace rules.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
• High school diploma required if work is performed in a moderately complex CLIA lab.
• Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
• Computer data entry experience.
· Current CME certification for Certified Medical Assistant and AAMA, NCCT, RMA or NHA (Peoria region only) certification.
· BLS and Mandatory Reporter certification.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
· Multicultural sensitivity
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2019-69137
Street: 840 E University Ave
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Fam Med- East DM- DM
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8a-5p or Monday-Friday 12pm-8pm. $2 differential for weekends and any hours past 6pm M-F
External Company Name: UnityPoint Health