UnityPoint Health Triage Nurse-Davenport Family Medicine Clinic 8a-4:30pm M-F in Davenport, Iowa
Under the direction of a health care provider, Clinical Nurse RN, is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of our patients.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
· Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties.
· May be required to draw and collect blood and other samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
· Apply Nursing Process (assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention and evaluation within licensure guidelines).
· Telephone triage by providing and documenting advice for home care of illness/conditions; conducting follow-up phone calls regarding patient’s health and progress as necessary.
· Administer vaccines and ordered medications by oral, IM,SQ or ID routes.
· Place urinary catheters and IV per protocol and license.
· Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-9 coding.
· Understand impatient and outpatient specialty procedures. Responsible for compliance with precertification requirements.
· Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
· Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
· Supervision of delegated duties to LPN and CMA on approved clinical protocols.
Development and Patient Education
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance and behave in a manner consistent with all policies and procedures, including but not limited to Compliance, HIPAA and personnel workplace rules.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Provide education to patients and families using the Teach-back method per protocols and guidelines.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduate of an accredited program for Registered Nurses.
· Current license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa/Illinois for Registered Nurse.
· High school diploma required if work is performed in a complex CLIA lab.
· No previous clinical experience required beyond education requirements
· Previous clinical experience preferred
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-82029
Street: 5359 Eastern Ave
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Fam Medicine - Davenport QC
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Mon-Fri 8:00-4:30
External Company Name: UnityPoint Health
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org