Cobham Mission Safety, Health and Environmental Engineer in Davenport, Iowa
Cobhamis seeking a Safety, Health and Environmental Engineer to work with the SHE Manager to insure a safe working environment and compliance with our safety, health and environmental regulations and best practices. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Develop site-specific safety, occupational health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Collect data from various sources and prepare reports for internal and external customers.
- Plan, prepare and conduct requiredtraining on safety programs and SOPs, maintaining training records.
- Conduct interdepartmental inspections and audits to assure safety and environmental compliance.
- Participate in regulatory inspections.
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles.
- Monitor progress of Safety and Environmental preventive and corrective actions.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Employee will also perform duties within specific focus area assigned.
- Serve as a safety and occupational health technical resource throughout the company.
- Ensure the job is being performed in a safe and compliant manner by performing site safety audits, documenting findings, and following up on potential issues.
- Inspect facilities and programs to evaluate operational effectiveness and ensure compliance with safety and health regulations.
- Maintain OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 certifications.
- Facilitate management of change process for new processes, equipment and facility changes.
- Track progress of site’s safety, health and environmental objectives and targets.
- Perform risk assessments. Ensure the Job Hazard/ Safety Analysis (JHA/ JSA) has been completed and communicated to affected employees.
- Ensure workers have access to and are using proper PPE for identified hazards.
- Provide guidance and ensure any required permits (Confined Space Entry, Hot Work, etc) are completed before allowing the job to continue.
- Assist area supervisors investigate incidents and prepare a written report with root cause identification and corrective actions.
- Assist in developing safety, health and environmental training.
- Serve on the emergency action planning team and help maintain emergency action plans.
- Serve as liaison with federal, state, local agencies, emergency responders and other officials.
- Assist in the coordination and management of environmental protection programs and projects, assigning and evaluating work.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science.
- 3+ years related work experience in a manufacturing environment in a safety or environmental role.
- 3+ years of experience with OSHA and NFPA regulations.
- 1+ year of experience conducting ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 compliance audits and maintaining certifications.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- CSP, CHMM or equivalent certification.
- Knowledge and expertise relating to chemical storage, compressed gases, hydraulic fluid power, cranes/hoists/slings, powered industrial trucks, machine guarding, confined space, welding, radiation safety and laser safety.
- Training/Certifications – Certified Forklift Trainer, Root Cause Analysis, RCRA 40 CFR, DOT 49 CFR, and HAZWOPER 29 CFR 1910 Training.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Ability to listen effectively and express ideas clearly to exchange information in a team environment.
- Good organizational skills to independently prioritize daily activities to meet department objectives.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make independent judgments on technical issues.
- Ability to lead the work of subcontractor staff.
- Skilled at detailed tasks.
- Ability to work in an office, indoor, and outdoor industrial environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at _**www.cobham.com/careers** or follow us on our LinkedIn page at **www.linkedin.com/company/cobham_**
To be considered you must apply by going to _**www.cobham.com/careers_**
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Job Posting: 15-May-2018, 9:16:46 AM
Recruiter: Natalie Dolan
Req ID: 254495