UnityPoint Health RN-Behavioral Health in Davenport, Iowa
This position is responsible for the delivery of medical services for the County Oaks or Rock Island Facility.
The work requires monitoring clients for signs and symptoms of intoxication and withdrawal. The work also requires maintaining all necessary documentation. The position is responsible for providing directions to the technicians on assigned shift. Supervision is provided by the Director of Health Services.
Key Accountability: Administrative/Clinical
This includes completing screenings on clients, completing admission paperwork, documentation in charts, making client referrals when the facility cannot meet clients’ needs and calling insurance companies for pre-authorizations. Also includes providing education to clients on substance abuse and withdrawal.
Key Accountability Medial Monitoring and Management
This includes monitoring client withdrawal symptoms and managing these symptoms under the supervision of the Medical Director. Assist Medical Director with client physicals. Read client T.B. tests, complete urine screens, manage and administer medications ordered by the Medical Director.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
The employee must be a Registered Nurse (RN, AA, or BSN) with a license in the State of Iowa. They must be certified in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation.
Knowledge of the signs and symptoms of substance intoxication and withdrawal including pharmacological factors.
Knowledge of the American Society of Addiction Medicine placement criteria and the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual as it relates to substance-related disorders or able to acquire the knowledge.
Knowledge of the Code of Ethics for nurses.
Knowledge of the federal drug and alcohol confidentiality law (42 C.F.R. Part 2) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
Ability to supervise and direct other staff members.
Ability to work with a diverse population.
Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, outside professionals and the general public.
Ability to perform the physical demands of the position with or without reasonable accommodation where applicable.
Skills in the operations of computer word processing applications.
Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Read, writes, comprehends, and speaks fluent English.
Requisition ID: 2018-47802
Street: 12160 Utah Avenue
Name: 6020 UnityPoint Health QC Trinity
Name: Detox - Country Oaks
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 2nd & 3rd shift, varies (rotating weekends)
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org