UnityPoint Health RN-Behavioral Health in Davenport, Iowa
The Robert Young Center and Center for Alcohol and Drug Services (CADS) is dedicated to the prevention, education, and treatment of addictions, substance abuse, and other disorders related to the harmful use of alcohol and drugs. We treat the addict, the abuser, and their family and friends. CADS offers a variety of substance abuse services focused on support, care, and treatment designed to meet the needs of families and individuals of all age groups in the community.
The Robert Young Center- CADS is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) or or an Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for 2nd shift (3pm-11pm) or 3rd shift (11pm-6am) to work with our Residential Detox patients in Davenport, IA.You will play a critical role with our client monitoring them for signs and symptoms of intoxication and withdrawal as well as proving client education about substance abuse and withdrawal. This also includes completing screenings on clients, admission paperwork, documentation in charts, making client referrals when the facility cannot meet clients’ needs and calling insurance companies for pre-authorizations. If you would like to be a part of a team that centers around patient care and team communication, consider working for us.
Key Accountability: Administrative/Clinical
· Complete admission paperwork and documentation in charts
· Provide referrals and transition planning when client needs cannot be met or additional services are appropriate
· Perform insurance company pre-authorizations and insurance reviews; complete and explain financial information to client
· Collect and analyze the admission and ongoing assessment data to determine diagnostic impression, health care needs, and areas of focus for care and treatment utilizing DSM5 and ASAM criteria
Key Accountability Medial Monitoring and Management
· Monitor client withdrawal symptoms and managing these symptoms under the supervision of the Medical Director.
· Assist Medical Director with client physicals
· Perform ongoing functions such as reading client TB tests, complete urine screens, manager & administer medications as ordered by the Medical Director or approved designee
Key Accountability: Standards of Practice and Professional Performance
· Uses the nursing process to deliver high quality care appropriate to the age and educational level of the patient.
· Implements and completes a specified plan in relation to client care: Coordinates care delivery as part of a multidisciplinary team, employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment; uses knowledge of pharmacological, biological and complimentary interventions to restore health and prevent further disability; provides structure and maintains a safe therapeutic recovery oriented environment; uses the therapeutic relationship and counseling interventions to assist health care consumers.
· Integrates ethical provisions and competence reflective of current nursing standards in all practice.
· Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of accredited nursing program.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
· Knowledge of nursing care required for patients throughout the age continuum.
· Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to a wide range of client situations using the nursing process.
· Able to accurately collect and assess information, understand ethical standards of behavioral healthcare, and utilize teaching/learning theories.
· Demonstrated excellent communication skills (orally and in writing) and presents self in a professional manner.
· Able to establish effective consultative relationship with health care providers, outside agencies, co-workers, and the community.
· Able to work sensitively with clients.
· Able to handle multiple priorities, maintain composure under stress, and adapt to a fast paced changing environment.
Prefer one (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.
Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in Iowa and Illinois
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
CPI (Crisis Prevention and Intervention) training initial & yearly renewal
Read, writes, comprehends, and speaks fluent English.
Skills in the operations of computer word processing applications and electronic health records
· Ability to perform the physical demands of the position with or without reasonable accommodation where applicable.
· Ability to work a varied schedule to include some weekends, holidays, and overtime.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2019-63139
Street: 12160 Utah Ave
Name: 6020 UnityPoint Health QC Trinity
Name: Detox - Country Oaks
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: variable
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org