Novelis HSE Specialist in Davenport, Iowa
The Novelis plant located in Davenport, IA has an immediate opening for a HSE Specialist. This position reports to the HSE Manager.
•To provide direct staff support to Aleris; articulates regulatory impact on operations to upper management; investigate, recognize, report, and recommend corrective actions on safety and environmental compliance issues while functioning in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
•Ability to learn, read, understand, and communicate HSE regulatory requirements.
•Inspections: Perform or assure that all daily, weekly, monthly, or other periodic HSE inspections are completed as required by local, state, and federal enforceable statutes, permits, or company policy at the both Davenport locations are , as prescribed either by or company policy.
•Reporting: Compile information and prepare various HSE reports to insure accurate and timely submittal to local, state, and/or federal regulatory agencies to maintain necessary operating permits.
•Training: Attend training programs necessary to fulfill the role responsibilities. Also, develop and/or present HSE training materials to Davenport employees as required by enforceable statutes or company policy.
•Compliance Assurance: Audit and maintain systems to insure compliance with all applicable environmental programs of facilities. Monitor and educate local management of regulatory initiatives and proposed rules. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of environmental compliance (e.g. waste reduction, data collection, record keeping, reporting)
•Regulatory Authorities: The incumbent shall maintain professional, cordial, and credible relationships with environmental regulatory authorities. Local, State, and Federal environmental agencies conduct routine inspections of all affected facilities. This role will be responsible for escorting such inspectors through site operations, responding to the inspection inquires, and communicating inspection results to supervisor and site management.
•Conduct behavior based safety observations.
•Data Review: Role must be able to make recommendations on corrective or preventative compliance actions based on data acquisition systems.
•Authority to provide guidance for operating procedures as directed by Manager.
• Work collaboratively with Maintenance and Engineering departments to support initiatives and activities for reliable people, processes, and equipment.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or Safety Science).
• Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must have the ability to contribute and participate in a team environment. Ability to accomplish assigned tasks, provide feedback, construct plans, and demonstrates confidence in team leader and member roles.
• Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the work in the role.
• The ability to recognize and analyze critical issues, identify and assign resources and follow-up to task completion.
• Able to apply sampling and analysis protocol to provide accurate data and to explain and train others in sampling protocol.
Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoffs, recalls, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training, are without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
iCIMS Requisition Number: 2020-34584
Name: Novelis Richmond Manufacturing Facility
Job Type: Standard
Street: 1725 Rockingham Road