UnityPoint Health Behavioral Health Professional- Counselor in Davenport, Iowa
UnityPoint Health’s Center for Alcohol and Drug Services (CADS) in Davenport, IA is looking for a Behavioral Health Counselor who would like to work in the prevention, education, and treatment of addictions, substance abuse, and other disorders related to the harmful use of alcohol and drugs. In this role, you will be evaluating, counseling, and educating individuals in treatment. You will work with the client and their families to facilitate the overall case planning while ensuring accurate documentation. If you would like to be a part of a team that centers around patient care and team communication consider working for us.
This would also include a holiday rotation and a weekend rotation.
Available Shift include (hr may vary):
3- 8am-5pm & 2- 12pm-9pm
4- 12pm-8:30pm & 1- 8am-5pm
4- 10am-7pm & 1- 8am-5pm
· Will provide direct substance abuse assessment, intervention, individual counseling, group counseling, and develop treatment plans, education and consultation services to identified clients, family, and support systems to promote recovery.
· Will follow conformance with standards set by local, state, and federal agencies (DASA rule 2060, Federal Probation guidelines, DEA, CARF, IAC, and Joint Commission standards)
· Be knowledgeable of all regional substance abuse facilities and services to assist in coordinating care for clients.
· Will complete drug and alcohol toxicology screenings as needed.
· Consult with in-house staff and other outside professionals to assure comprehensive, quality care for the client.
· Responsible for referral and case management activities, including facilitating referrals for additional services, participation in team meetings, coordinating care with community resources, etc.
· Provide information to Third Party payers
· Documentation of services provided by maintaining accurate client record reflecting services provided and recommended follow up.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in human services
Preference of 2 years of experience in the field of substance abuse; or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the following knowledge, abilities, and skills.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Internationally Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, or Licensed Clinical Social Worker within 2 years of employment in the state they are working.
· Must have thorough knowledge of human behavior and performance for the assessment and treatment of substance use disorders. Specific knowledge necessary for working with special populations (i.e. adolescent developmental issues).
· Must have thorough knowledge of the federal drug and alcohol confidentiality law (42 C.F.R. Part 2) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
· Must have considerable knowledge of the signs and symptoms of substance use disorders including pharmacological factors.
· Must have considerable knowledge of the current American Society of Addiction Medicine patient placement criteria and the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual as it relates to substance-related disorders or able to acquire the knowledge.
· Must have knowledge of different approaches to counseling and accepted clinical practices.
· Must have knowledge of the Code of Ethics for substance abuse counselors.
· Ability to perform the core functions accepted for Behavioral Health Professionals.
· Must have the ability to effectively direct other staff members.
· Must have the ability to work with a diverse population.
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
· Have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, outside professionals and the general public.
· Must have skills in the operations of computer word processing applications.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
· Demonstrates self-directed approach to responsibilities.
Requisition ID: 2019-58330
Street: 1523 S Fairmount
Name: 6020 UnityPoint Health QC Trinity
Name: Adult OP - DAV
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Three days a week 8-5pm, two days a week 12-9pm. Occasional weekends/holidays.
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org