CommonSpirit Health RN Medicare Wellness in COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa
Medicare Wellness Nurse (RN, Clinic Nurse)
Location : Valley View Family Practice Clinic, Council Bluffs IA
Hours : M-F, 8a - 5p
Job Summary / Job Purpose
The CHI Medicare Wellness Nurse will play an important role as part of the clinic team by engaging our Medicare patients in their Annual Wellness Visit. This is an exciting position to engage our patients by providing screening, education and brief intervention to help them stay as healthy as possible. This position will partner with the patient to create a custom 5-10 year preventative screening plan, set goals, and have the privilege of spending time getting to know the patient, their risk factors and needs.
- Perform general nursing care to patients by following established standards and procedures.• Obtain patient consent for care and ensures patient confidentiality.• Obtain and document health history, information on chief complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and assesses disease condition.• Provide patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.• Execute prescribed treatments and medical interventions, administers prescribed medications, and monitor and document treatment progress and patient response. Refer to/consult with physicians, other health providers, and community resources to prevent/resolve problems or concerns.• Educate patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.• Document patient assessment and intervention data using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.• Participate in multidisciplinary teams to improve patient care processes and outcomes.• Track quality assurance data and monitor for acute and chronic care management.• May act as team lead for other nursing staff.• Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
• Current/valid Registered Nurse license from the state licensing board required.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
Experience (required and preferred):
• 1 year related experience in a clinic or acute hospital nursing setting required.
Skills & Experience : rn, registered nurse, nurse, wellness, medicare, clinic, family practice, caring, understanding, priority care, specialty care, CHI Health Clinics, CHC #nern #missioncritical
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request . We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2020-137426
Employment Type Full Time
Department Community Wellness
Hours Per Pay Period 80
Facility CHI Health Clinic
Standard Hours 8a - 5p
Work Schedule 8 Hour
Location IA-COUNCIL BLUFFS
- CommonSpirit Health Jobs