Google Program Manager, Data Center Environmental Health and Safety in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Program Manager for the Data Center Environmental, Health and Safety team (DCEHS), you'll be responsible for supporting new site acquisition and growth for Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) programs from initial due diligence to management system implementation, environmental compliance programs and global oversight. You will ensure all EHS challenges are identified and addressed by working collaboratively with multiple cross-functional teams. You will also provide program leadership and oversight to new EHS initiatives.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Identify and evaluate operational EHS risks, assessing the impact to the business; analyzes risk scenarios to determine their potential impact to the business and design/lead programs to mitigate those risks.
- Conduct assessments of existing EHS programs to ensure alignment with our regional strategy, including analyzing EHS business risks and identifying, describing and estimating efficiencies to be gained through established programs.
- Assess EHS training needs based on identified operational risks and ensures that workforce training activities are provided to meet business and legislative requirements.
- Investigate and analyze incident reports involving work‐related injuries and illnesses and recommend measures to prevent recurrence.
- Manage the regional portfolio of EHS initiatives and programs for all local operations and regional initiatives. Maintains environmental permits/programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Experience in designing and implementing systems to manage EHS operational risks.
- Experience working in project management.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- BS degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Certification from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals or equivalent agency.
- Experience in communicating with Federal, State and Local Authorities regarding EHS issues.
- Knowledge of Facilities Management, Engineering and Construction.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.