Catholic Health Initiatives LPN in COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa
Location: COUNCIL BLUFFS, IOWA, UNITED STATES
Requisition #: 2019-R0258030
Post Date: Nov 15, 2019
Location: West Broadway Clinic, Council Bluffs IA
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 72
Primary Location: IA > COUNCIL BLUFFS > CHC WEST BROADWAY
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
SIGN ON BONUS AND LOAN FORGIVENESS AVAILABLE!
Job Summary / Job Purpose
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician, Licensed Practical Nurse functions as a vital member of the healthcare team who contributes to the success of the practice by demonstrating customer/patient focus, effective communication, professionalism, and teamwork. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care provided to selected patient populations and their families.
• Performs basic nursing care to patients by following established standards and procedures.
• Collects patient data such as vital signs; notes how the patient looks and acts, or responds to stimuli, and reports this information accordingly.
• Prepares and administers injections, performs routine tests, treats wounds, and changes bandages.
• Prepares patient records and files using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
• Administers certain prescribed medications, and monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
• Participates in the implementation and evaluation of patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
• Monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
• Conveys information to patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
• Participates in teams to improve patient care processes and outcomes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
• Must be a graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing program.
• Must have current/valid Licensed Practical Nurse license from the state licensing board.
• Must have current healthcare provider CPR (Basic Life Support) certification.
• Must Complete IV Therapy Course
Experience (required and preferred):
• 1 year experience in a clinic or acute hospital nursing setting required
Requisition ID: 2019-R0258030
Shift: Day Job
Market: CHI Health
We are excited to share that CHI was named as one of America’s Best Employers 2019, by Forbes. Clickhereto learn more.
Chances are, you’re here because you’re looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment. We’re confident you’ll find all three at CHI. As one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen. Learn More
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic
Catholic Health Initiatives
- Catholic Health Initiatives Jobs