ADM Safety Specialist – Clinton, IA in Clinton, Iowa
Safety Specialist – Clinton, IA
Safety Specialist - Clinton IA
ADM Carbohydrate Solutions
This is an exempt level position.
Key safety generalist within the safety team that provides health & safety support for 800+ employees at the Clinton, Iowa Complex. Subject matter resource for plant wide production, maintenance and construction compliance and risk management efforts. Perform field audits, facility inspections, program reviews and collaborate with plant safety teams to improve safety culture and reduce employee exposures. Scope of work to include industrial hygiene, safety training, construction safety, injury case management, behavioral safety, process safety and emergency preparedness.
· College degree in occupational safety, safety engineering or equivalent is preferred.
· Minimum 1-3 years of experience in industrial safety with preference for heavy manufacturing or process chemical industry
· Personal passion for safety demonstrated in all aspects of work
· Familiarity with state and federal regs and other legal requirements in the area of safety, security and loss prevention
· Ability to engage, advise, consult and coach plant leaders and employees
· Ability to conduct effective safety training, facility audits, behavioral observations and apply policy and procedural language to work practices
· Strong communication (spoken and written) and influencing skills to lead change with operations, maintenance and construction work groups
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to employees at all levels of the organization acting as a resource to the plant
· Ability to use computer (Microsoft Office and other major computer applications) effectively
· Hands on approach and detail focus
· Excellent leadership capabilities - positive, proactive approach to driving change
· Ability to respond quickly to changing requirements and capability to work in hot and cold temperatures
· Ability to get around a large industrial plant. Must be able to climb stairs, lift and move 50 pounds, and walk through the facility in conditions of extreme temperatures.
A world scale agri-processing facility with 1000+ employees/contractors with opportunities for enhancement of existing operations. Diverse product line including ethanol (fuel and beverage), corn sugar, starch, fibersol, crystalline dextrose, corn oil, enzymes, and feed products. The Clinton site includes a Corn Wet Mill, Cogeneration plant, BioProcessing facility.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
IA - Iowa
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
- ADM Jobs