CommonSpirit Health PRN LAB ASSISTANT in CENTERVILLE, Iowa
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Job Summary / Purpose
The Laboratory Assistant will perform phlebotomy and electronic order entry as well as assist the Department Support Assistant when required.
· Performs work accurately with a minimum of non-clerical and clerical errors such as misidentification, incomplete reports or incorrect reports.
· Ensures that the date, time, and technician's initials are recorded or captured on all work performed.
· Completes work and appropriate follow-ups according to protocol.
· Understands job description and is able to competently perform required tasks.
· Leaves work area neat and clean.
· Utilizes work time efficiently and completes tasks within a reasonable amount of time, even when workload is heavy.
· Uses spare time for work related activities.
· Handles heavy workload effectively and pleasantly.
· Performs procedures according to the laboratory's current written protocol.
· Shows good judgment in handling situations not covered by written protocol.
· Aids and assists with the clerical and secretarial duties.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
· Performs phlebotomy procedures, both venipuncture and capillary. Advises and properly collects other body fluids.
· Can perform waived testing on blood and body fluids and questions unexpected or abnormal results and advises supervisor or technician/technologist.
· Replenishes supplies and notifies supervisor or responsible technologist if supplies need to be ordered.
· Aids and assists with the clerical and secretarial duties
· Operate required vehicle(s) in a safe manner to perform required duties of the position.
· Competent skills and use of Electronic Health Record.
Required Education (for CHI Leadership Job Levels from Supervisor through President)
Does Not Apply
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
High schoo Diploma or GED
Required Licensure and Certifications
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
· High school diploma or G.E.D. with an interest in the healthcare field. Medical terminology and /or phlebotomy training are recommended.
· Attends annual review and departmental inservices, as scheduled.
· Completes assigned LEARN modules and compliance courses as required.
· Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
· Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
· Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
· Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital.
Has previous phlebotomy experience
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request . We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2020-114621
Employment Type Part Time
Department Laboratory Services
Hours Per Pay Period 0
Facility MercyOne Centerville
Standard Hours 7:00-3:30
Work Schedule 8 Hour
- CommonSpirit Health Jobs