CommonSpirit Health MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST in CENTERVILLE, Iowa
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
Performs phlebotomy procedures, including venipunctures, capillary and therapeutic phlebotomy procedures. Advises and properly collects other body fluids for laboratory testing.
Performs testing on blood and body fluids and questions unexpected or abnormal results and follows up with appropriate verification and reports critical values appropriately.
Maintains current knowledge of equipment used in the laboratory. Performs maintenance and troubleshooting procedures when necessary and analyzes quality control materials on a routine schedule.
Replenishes supplies and notifies supervisor or responsible technologist if supplies need to be ordered.
Replaces reagents when needed.
Performs proficiency testing when assigned by the supervisor.
Works shifts other than normal established shifts when necessary to cover laboratory hours of operation.
Aids and assists with the clerical and secretarial duties.
Aids in the training of new employees.
Other tasks as assigned by manager.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in Medical Technology, Biology, or Chemistry is preferred
Required Licensure and Certifications
ASCP, NCA, AMT, ASMT, HEW
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Click here to enter text.
· A Bachelor degree from an accredited college in Medical Technology, Biology, or Chemistry is preferred.
· An Associate degree from an accredited college with a combination of specific training in the area of medical technology and work experience will be considered, after obtaining certification from one of the national Medical Technology boards.
· Must be certified by one of the following board/registries:
· ASCP, NCA, AMT, ASMT, HEW.
· Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
· Attends annual review and departmental huddle, as scheduled.
· Completes assigned LEARN modules and compliance courses as required.
· Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
· Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
· Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
· Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities (https://careers-commonspirit.icims.com/connect?back=intro&in_iframe=1&hashed=-435626305) to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2020-122875
Employment Type Full Time
Department Laboratory Services
Hours / Pay Period 80
Standard Hours 6p-6:30a
Facility / Process Level : Name MercyOne Centerville
Equal Opportunity CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- CommonSpirit Health Jobs