Catholic Health Initiatives LPN LTC Centerville in CENTERVILLE, Iowa
LPN LTC Centerville
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
● Provides supervision of personnel assigned.
● Works to promote a positive atmosphere in LTC.
● Provides direct care to the residents.
● Provide opportunities for residents to maintain their independence. Ambulate residents who are able to ambulate. Report to supervisor when ambulation becomes difficult or unsafe. ROM to maintain status of the resident.
● Communicate changes in resident’s condition to appropriate members of the health care team.
● Implementing interventions to reduce pressure ulcer development.
● Follow universal precautions for infection control.
● Works to enhance resident satisfaction and addresses problems as the occur.
● Correctly using mechanical devices for moving ,lifting and transferring residents to promote safety.
● Works to emulate mercy Mission of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion, and Excellence each
● Institute fall prevention measures when the situation warrants.
● Accurate administration of medication as ordered by physician.
● Able to use FAX machine and copier.
Educational Experience Requirements
● Graduate of an approved nursing school.
● Current LPN license in the State of Iowa.
● Successful completion of supervisory course for LPN’s in LTC.
● Current certification in CPR.
● Evidence of Dependent Adult Mandatory Reporter Training every 5 years.
Primary Location IOWA-CENTERVILLE-MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
Daily Schedule Varies
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 0
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2018-R0162636
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.