CommonSpirit Health Environmental Svcs Associate in CENTERVILLE, Iowa
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Job Summary / Purpose
Works co-operatively within the department and with other hospital personnel, patients, and visitors.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
· Prepares patient unit for cleaning/disinfecting. Maintains cleanliness of area and specific items there by limiting the opportunity for cross-infection. Prepares for patient occupancy, contributing to patient comfort. Maintains clean/safe floors. Prepares patient room for new occupant or re-occupancy by long-term care patient. Provides bathroom product dispensers with material necessary to maintain personal hygiene.
· Maintains harmony. Informs supervisor about defective equipment, and the need for problem solving regarding the employee's job and/or personal matters affecting their job. Learns about and/or contributes to subjects under discussion (at departmental or hospital meetings).
· Change drapes and cubical curtains as needed.
· Operate floor scrubber and burnisher
· Strip and wax floors.
· Responsible for the general cleaning of the facility.
· Dust mop and wet mop floors.
· Clean sinks, toilets, tubs, showers and mirrors.
· Clean phones, doorknobs.
· Dust and/or wash walls fixtures and equipment.
· Maintain a supply of soap, towels and tissue in rooms.
· Empty trash and discard in proper manner.
· Remove biohazard waste in accordance with regulations.
· Clean equipment.
· Change bed linens.
· Change curtains.
· Vacuum carpets, clean carpets.
· Clean light fixtures.
· Wash windows.
· Restock housekeeping cart/
· Water flowers.
· Keep reading material neat and up to date.
· Knows and responds to all sections of the Emergency Action manual.
· Assist emergency personnel with control of people in emergency situations.
· Knows and supports all safety polices of the hospital.
· Serves on committees as requested.
· Perform other duties as directed/required.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
High school diploma or equivalent
Required Licensure and Certifications
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Click here to enter text. PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS: (Constant = 67-100% of workday, Frequent = 34-66% of workday, Occasional = 33% or less of workday)
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities (https://careers-commonspirit.icims.com/connect?back=intro&in_iframe=1&hashed=-435626305) to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2021-164271
Employment Type Full Time
Department Environmental Services
Hours / Pay Period 80
Standard Hours 3:30PM 12:00AM
Facility / Process Level : Name MercyOne Centerville
Equal Opportunity CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- CommonSpirit Health Jobs