UnityPoint Health Respiratory Therapist-Cardiac Rehabilitation-Registered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of Pulmonary Rehabilitation. Responsible for the delivery of Pulmonary Rehabilitation, in cooperation with other Pulmonary Rehabilitation team members, according to the patient care delivery model of the Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Department. The patients to be served include adult and geriatric.
Performs initial interview/admission process and assessments on Pulmonary Rehabilitation patients to include patient history, physical and psychosocial assessment as well as 6-minute walk tests.
Assumes responsibility for developing a plan of care that is mutually established with the patient/family, setting realistic patient goals.
Implements plan of care according to unit policy and prcedure.
Collaborates with the RN and other team members as needed, in assessing and evaluating patient progress towards goals.
Supports the multidisciplinary team approach of Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Demonstrates knowledge of and implements safe priciples of exercise for cardiac and pulmonary patients.
Writes and implements individualized exercise prescriptions for patients, keeping patient safety as number one priority.
Continually monitors and evaluates for appropriate responses to exercise therapy.
Provides educational opportunities to patients, families and other cardiopulmonary team members.
Responsible for assisting in updating and keeping pulmonary educational materials current.
Demonstrates good and timely verbal and written communication with physicians and physician offices apprising them of patient progress, patient concerns and changes in condition.
Participates in Medical Director's meetings and communicates program information and upates to Pulmonary Rehab Medical Director.
Participates and assists with program quality improvement.
Is aware of Medicare and insurance company requirements for Pulmonary Rehab. Brings questions or concerns to Cardiopulmonary Rehab Manager.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Requires completion of an accredited Respiratory Therapist program
Experience in Pulmonary Rehabilitation techniques of pulmonary education and exercise training.
· Prefer one (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.
· Current Iowa Respiratory Care practitioner (RCP) license.
· Active National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) status.
· Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
· Specialty Certification
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
· Multicultural sensitivity
· Demonstrates proficiency in the manual skills and techniques required to perform basic/advanced respiratory care in the administration of inhaled medication, medical gases, ventilator therapy and the operation of complicated, specialized respiratory and mechanical ventilation equipment
· Demonstrates skill, organization, and efficiency in performing required Respiratory Care activities
· Ability to complete a basic computer course on the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) through in-hospital training.
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-80246
Street: 1026 A Ave NE
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
Name: Cardiac Rehab
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.5
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Days , mon-Fri
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org