UnityPoint Health Outpatient Mental Health Therapist - LISW in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Description of Position:
Provide a “snapshot” or the principal purpose or focus of the position, consisting of no more than three to five sentences. This summary should provide enough information to differentiate the major function and activities of the position from those of other positions.
UnityPoint Health has an exciting position opening to provide integrated Behavioral Health services at our Westdale Family Medicine-Pediatrics Clinic. The position will work closely with our multidisciplinary care team providing outpatient psychotherapy to individuals and families. We are looking for a talented therapist that shares our passion for providing the best outcome for every patient every time. Qualified candidates are preferred to possess an LISW, training in evidence based practices, and previous outpatient therapy experience. We offer competitive wages, an excellent benefits package, and a professional office setting.
Primary responsibilites include the deliver of competent and professional services that are in accordance with the overall institutional goals and objectives, regulatory standards and requirements and their own professional, ethical stanards.
St. Luke’s C.A.R.E. delivery model (Continuity, Accountability, Relationship-based, Evidence-based) reflects a commitment to compassionate, competent care delivered by the interdisciplinary team. Care is provided through a therapeutic relationship with the patient and family. A spirit of inquiry is encouraged and supported. Evidence-driven protocols are utilized to assure reliable and consistent care. The patients to be served include pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
· Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
· Delivers high quality individual, family, couples, and or group psychotherapy while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
· Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
· Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
· Prepares meaningful, concise and timely clinical reports/documentation.
Development & Patient Education
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance clinical practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· Assess and chooses teaching strategies and therapy modalities appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Consults appropriate resources within Behavioral Health Division to provide specialized education.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA, JACHO, Chapter 24, and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate in an accredited Masters or above program in a Social Science or related field (MA, MS, MSW, PhD, PsyD). May also possess a Master’s in Nursing (ARNP).
Prefer three (3) years of clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.
· Must possess an independent level license in good standing as a psychotherapist in the state of Iowa, or be imminently able to meet this requirement. Substitution of experience or alternative certification may be approved.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from date of hire.
· Must obtain and maintain current certification in the violence management system used by the Behavioral Health Division.
Certification in evidence based modalities of psychotherapy.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Speaks fluently a non-English language (ie. Spanish)
Keywords: Behavioral Health, Counseling, Counselor, LISW, Social Work (ER/ED), Therapist-Child, Family, Play
Requisition ID: 2020-84545
Street: 2375 Edgewood Rd SW
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
Name: Othr Behav/Family Counsel
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org