UnityPoint Health Massage Therapist-Cancer Services (PRN) in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Description of Position:
The Massage Therapist is responsible for the delivery of therapeutic modalities of massage services to cancer wellness patients, caregivers, inpatients, and St. Luke’s associates. These services may include various styles of massage therapy.
In addition, the Massage Therapist is responsible for the preparation, daily maintenance/cleaning, inventory and oversight of equipment and products that are inherent and/or necessary for the delivery of massage therapy.
% of Time
· To provide therapeutic massage to cancer patients, caregivers, inpatients, and associates.
· Active role in promotional efforts related to the department and hospital goals.90 %
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
500 hours at an accredited massage therapy program.
All required CE’s per date of licensure.
Any experience within a hospital or medical setting.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Valid Iowa Massage Therapy License
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-89601
Street: 202 10th St SE
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
Name: Oncology Administration
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: PRN - As Needed - Monday thru Friday Days
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org