UnityPoint Health Director, Clinic Operations - Specialty in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Director, Specialty Clinic Operations
Cedar Rapids, IA
UnityPoint Clinic Cedar Rapids is seeking 2 dynamic and experienced leaders to join our growing team. As Director of Clinic Operations, these leaders will partner with physician leaders in a dyad relationship to:
Guide Clinic Administrators and Site Leads in the optimization of clinic operations and performance for assigned specialty areas including: Cardiology, Endocrinology, Hospital Medicine, Infectious Disease, Nephrology, Neurosurgery, and Pulmonary Medicine.
Collaborate within the regional Clinic leadership team to develop strategy and execute on initiatives.
Facilitate the provider recruitment process for assigned areas including perform analysis to determine need and oversee the selection process.
Demonstrate sound fiscal management of clinic operations through budget planning and performance. Assure optimal use of regional resources to meet objectives.
Mentor and develop new and current clinic leaders.
UnityPoint Clinic is part of the UnityPoint Health system that bridges across 3 states. As an industry leader in the Midwest, we put people first. We care deeply about making UnityPoint Health a great place to work, where people come for a fulfilling career.
Our 32,000 team members are committed to giving each person the type of experience we’d want for our loved ones. We believe everyday moments are worth celebrating, and as a partner in healthcare, we’re dedicated to making it easier to live well. Because people are amazing, and we’re here to help keep them that way. UnityPoint Health – know how much you matter to this world.
About Cedar Rapids
Consistently ranked one of the best places to live in the nation, Cedar Rapids, the 2nd largest city in Iowa, has a population of over 130,000 people and is growing. It is an affordable, family-friendly city with a booming economy and exceptional education. In Cedar Rapids you’ll find everything you want from a big city (restaurants, theater, entertainment) with the atmosphere and convenience of a small town.
· Responsible for creating a culture of innovation, learning, teamwork and professional practice consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization, in partnership with physician leadership.
· Coordinate services and resources with other directors in the region.
· Assist in the ongoing development and enhancement of regional clinic operations
· Provide mentorship to all new and current clinic leadership, including providing orientation for new administrators.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Establish effective mechanisms of communication with staff, providers, patients and management team.
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
· Take the leadership role in times of disaster to secure the safety of staff, patients, visitors, the facility and protected health information when possible.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by the Regional Vice President of Clinic Operations and Regional Physician Leaders to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
· Demonstrate sound fiscal management of clinic operations through comprehensive budgetary planning, variance analysis/justification and regular monitoring of financial performance/productivity.
· Direct the patient care team to provide quality, cost effective healthcare and patient care processes and protocols to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
· Collaborate with regional physician leadership committees and affiliates related to strategic planning.
· Demonstrate knowledge of physician and staff benefits including communication with physicians and staff related to benefits
· Schedule, conduct and complete follow-up for regular clinic administrator meetings and clinic site visits.
· Demonstrate knowledge of physician compensation plan including communication with physicians related to individual physician compensation.
· Participate in Provider recruitment in the region.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Master’s degree with 5+ years of physician practice management experience or Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of physician practice management experience desired.
Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of physician practice management experience required.
Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) is a plus.
Strong commitment to team, excellence, and patient experience.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Proven collaborator and leader.
Committed to routinely using best practice and data analysis to guide decision-making.
Innovative and flexible.
Requisition ID: 2020-78730
Street: 800 First Ave NE
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Administration- CR
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday, Daytime
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org