UnityPoint Health Physical Therapist in Cedar Falls, Iowa
M-F, Daytime hours
Provide services that help restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities in patients with injury or disease. Restore, maintain, and promote overall fitness and health.
· Coordinates the physical therapy plan following completion of the assessment as defined by Iowa Licensure requirements.
· Provides and delegates clinical rehabilitation services to improve functional outcomes, focusing on gait training, mobility, pain control, strengthening, balance, and coordination activities.
· Acts as a resource to the interdisciplinary team, applying skills of the profession to improve outcomes of persons served.
· Actions are team oriented to successfully provide quality care and a high level of satisfaction for persons served through evidence - based practice.
· Evaluates gait training, mobility, pain control, strengthening, balance, and coordination activities, sets goals, implements treatment, and monitors response of persons served for diagnosis requiring physical therapy interventions. Supports evidence - based practices.
· Coordinates plan of treatment with persons served, families and other disciplines.
· Accurately documents and bills according to regulatory and third party requirements. Documentation and billing for services exhibit an understanding of requirements and ethical practices.
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
· Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Manager to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Graduate from an accredited Physical Therapy program.
One year of clinical experience as a Physical Therapist preferred.
Experience with pediatric and adult geriatric populations preferred.
Licensed to practice Physical Therapy in the state of Iowa as defined in the Iowa Physical Therapy Regulation and Practice Act.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.Multicultural sensitivity.
Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Must be able to communicate effectively (written and orally) with people of diverse professional, educational and lifestyle backgrounds.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-82392
Street: 5100 Prairie Pkwy
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Physical Therapy-Prairie Pw-WL
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Clinic hours: 7AM-6PM; shifts may vary
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org