Blue Stone Therapy Solutions Physical Therapist Assistant - Full-Time in Carroll, Iowa
New Full Time Position!
Position will require assisting at neighboring facilities in the area.
Position will entail working in skilled nursing settings, as well as home health.
The Physical Therapist Assistant assists directly and indirectly with the delivery of physical therapy treatment interventions and services, under the general supervision of the Physical Therapist, and as outlined by an established treatment plan and in accordance with state practice guidelines. This position provides direct patient care to primarily adult and geriatric patients.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Provides therapeutic treatment in accordance with the patients’ established plan of care with a focus on functional and measurable outcomes.
- Maintains appropriate patient schedules as per established guidelines.
- Provides documentation to maintain accuracy and quality of medical records, in order to comply with reimbursement guidelines, and company and facility requirements.
- Participates in patient, family and assigned facility meetings as appropriate.
- Follows administrative, company and assigned facility processes, policies and procedures.
- Participates in training programs for facility staff, patients, families and rehabilitation staff.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Assists Physical Therapist in establishing restorative nursing programs, as necessary, in conjunction with restorative nursing department efforts to provide appropriate comprehensive care to patients.
- Communicates effectively with skilled rehabilitation team to ensure the most appropriate care is provided to the patients.
Participates in marketing and community presentations and projects to promote the success of the company and assigned facility. Position Qualifications:
Successful completion of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant Program
- Valid license or eligible for licensure to practice as a Physical Therapist Assistant in Iowa
- High level communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective leadership and customer relationship skills
- Ability to exercise mature judgment with initiative in analyzing and solving problems