UnityPoint Health Rn Inpatient in Bettendorf, Iowa
Assumes responsibilities delegated by the Department Director, charge nurse, shift director or their designee which concerns the planning and implementation of patient care. Contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to the patients and their families. Plans, organizes, and directs activities for the patients under their care. Uses independent judgement in crisis situations and takes appropriate actions.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Supervises nursing/patient care activities within their scope.
· Evaluates nursing activities to ensure patient care, staff relations and efficiency of service.
· Observes techniques and services rendered by CNA/PCT or LPN’s to ensure adherence to hospital guidelines.
· Observes nursing care to ensure that the care is carried out as directed and treatment administered in accordance with physician instructions
· Interacts professionally with all patients and family members
· Knowledge of medications, ability to perform services to level of licensure.
· Maintains cooperative working relationship with all medical staff members
· Ability to communicate both verbally and non-verbally in a professional manner.
· Responds to departments experiencing emergency situations and assigns staff accordingly during the emergencies
· Collaborates with other departments to provide for best patient outcomes
· Oversees appropriate non-professional staff to care for specific patient for daily care
· Assigns duties as needed to staff
· Demonstrate ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations
· Maintains good working relationship both within department and other departments and clinics.
· Participates/serves on multidisciplinary hospital committees and attends meeting as assigned by Department Director.
· Acts as a role model to other staff with behaviors and dress,
· Uses Trinity Management Business System to assist staff and patients call out opportunities and problem solve
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud,
waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Registered Nurse – Licensed and registered in the state of Iowa (RN)
· Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Iowa
· Professionalism, good interpersonal skills, accountable, adaptability,
· verbal and written communication skills, flexible
· Decision making, Priority management, problem solving, team work, collaborative,
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
☒ Level 3; Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Requisition ID: 2020-81125
Street: 4500 Utica Ridge Rd
Name: 6020 UnityPoint Health QC Trinity
Name: Medical IP- BE
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.6
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 1845-0715
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org