UnityPoint Health Cleaning Technician III in Bettendorf, Iowa
Performs work of routine difficulty in a variety of cleaning tasks that involve use of hazardous checmicals, heavy lifting in a public area, in the operating rooms, and other surgical areas of the hospital including Cath Lab, CTU, and Endo. Exposure to patients (including bodily fluids and blood). Daily cleaning of patient rooms, (plus transfer and discharge), precaution room cleaning, and carpet extraction in public and private areas. Operates floor machine(s) in public and surgical areas. Carpet extraction in public and private areas.
EVS cleaning techs will complete daily work as assigned including: daily cleaning of patient rooms, discharges, cleaning of outpatient areas and support rooms or other tasks as assigned. Will also be required to use a ladder when needed.
EVS Cleaning Tech will complete an assigned task by:
· Wearing proper PPE
· Following proper lifting, pushing, pulling techniques
· Able to use ladders to clean light fixtures, vents, and change cubicle curtains
· Able to operate walk behind or riding floor scrubber
· Sweeping, dry or wet mopping public and private areas
· Properly high and low dusting
· Taking proper care of department equipment, cleaning EVS cleaning carts, equipment & closets and insuring they are stocked properly
· Will handle soiled linen, trash, and biohazard appropriately
· Able to properly clean assigned areas to department expectations
· Able to operate trash compactor and box crusher
· Able to clean spills containing blood or bodily fluids
· Able to deliver biohazard trash, pharmaceutical waste, and sharps containers to storage areas, label and tape boxes and prepare for pickup
· Able to clean hazardous spills as trained
TECHNICAL / ADMINISTRATIVE / CLINICAL: Demonstrates competence in the skills, processes, procedures, and equipment necessary to carry out assigned duties as identified below.
· Able to utilize computer to be assigned tasks through UPH interface system, check email, UPH Intranet, and benefits portal.
· Complete Daily schedule sheets and turn in at end of shift.
· Reports work orders to maintenance or biomed for broken equipment.
· Demonstrates competence in communicating with patients and families
· Demonstrates competence in communicating with nursing staff and physicians
· Communicates with coworkers between shifts
· Communicates with customers to provide a safe workplace while completing project – verbally and through proper usage of signage; “wet floor” sign etc.
· Communicates with customers about the placement of furniture, equipment, and electrical cords during the project
Environmental Service training in patient setting required. Must have appropriate relevant knowledge of environmental duties and responsibilities. Must be able to accept, demonstrate, and perform new responsibilities assigned to the Environmental Service Department. Must be able to exhibit tact, good judgment, honesty, and a high sense of responsibility when dealing with guests and peers. Must be able to comprehend written and verbal communication to complete daily work assignments. Must be able to use the computer. Must be able to complete daily work reports for completed assignments. Must be able to read, speak and understand English to use chemicals and to communicate with customers. Must be able to operate hospital computer. Must be able to take direction from those other than leads in Environmental Services Department in order to completed daily work
Requisition ID: 2020-81307
Street: 4500 Utica Ridge Rd
Name: 6020 UnityPoint Health QC Trinity
Name: Environmental Services- BE
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.00
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 2nd shift
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org