Collabera Tool Design Engineer in Ankeny, Iowa
Tool Design Engineer
• Plans, coordinates, develops and procures new concepts and designs for tooling to facilitate the implementation of new and revised products into the core manufacturing processes.
• Applies necessary Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and uses technical judgment and past experience to evaluate various designs while maintaining and supporting current operations.
• The work typically involves less-complex fixtures, gauges, and tooling, including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic engineering.
• This role participates in design reviews and modifies design based on feedback, supports and coordinates with the craftsmen building the tools and gauges, and maintains the tooling database library.
• Receives input from senior designers or engineers.
• Description of the major duties performed in this job.
• Works with cross functional teams to design new tooling.
• Participates in multifunctional design review to understand the product design intention and manufacturing processes.
• Provides consultation and recommendations to less experienced designers and engineers.
• Participates in tooling construction problem solving efforts.
• Designs and creates 3 Dimensional (3D) models of tooling components and assemblies with the direction of the manufacturing engineer and tooling design supervisor.
• Tool Designer
Specific Position Requirements:
• Responsible for the design of assembly tooling, weld tooling, carts, racks, material handling equipment and lifting devices.
• Utilize Creo and other engineering standards to provide these designs.
• 4+ years’ experience in the design of assembly tooling, weld tooling, material handling equipment and lifting devices
• 3+ years’ experience utilizing Creo modeling or equivalent
• Working knowledge of welding processes, manufacturing processes, factory operations, and the ability to read and understand weld drawings and assembly drawings
• Excellent communicator, who thrives on problem solving and working in a team environment Proficient with MS Office, including Excel and Word
• B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree
• Safety shoes with internal metatarsal protection. A strong candidate will also have hands on experience working in a tool shop as machinist or toolmaker.
• Any 1st hand experience with agricultural equipment or related agricultural experience would be beneficial.
Engineering, Excel, Word, CREO, AutoCad