UnityPoint Health Financial Advocate-Outpatient Therapy North Ankeny in Ankeny, Iowa
As the initial contact to the department/clinic, uses personal skills to quickly build a positive relationship with persons served. Demonstrates ability to effectively manage details by accurately completing registration, verifying payor coverage, processing orders/referrals, maintaining medical records and completing billing procedures. Creates a welcoming environment for persons served. Effectively manages positive relationships with referral sources and other members of the team.
· Communicates with referral sources and various service sites to coordinate care and provide a smooth transition for persons served.
· Creates and maintains an organized work environment.
· Records, files and maintains current information pertinent to the operation of the department and maintains medical record of persons served.
· Verifies benefits and coverage as assigned.
· Communicates coverage information with persons served.
· Maintains medical record and provides required documentation to payor to assure payment.
· Accurately completes billing procedures using appropriate IT systems and software.
· Exhibits an understanding of third party payor processes.
· Uses resources to improve productivity or delegate appropriately. Specifically, works with other clerical staff and volunteers to enhance services, use time wisely and improve teamwork.
· Uses payroll technology to complete processes in an accurate and timely manner as assigned.
· Reports any questions or concerns regarding compliance immediately to the attention of department or organization/hospital administrative staff.
· Manages resources effectively to meet the needs of persons served while eliminating waste.
· Effectively manages supplies through setting and maintaining par levels. Evaluates and adjusts par levels to decrease over stock. Orders additional patient care supplies as patient needs require.
EDUCATION: High School graduate or GED equivalent. Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English. Completion of medical terminology course preferred. Other related education a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Two years billing, financial counselor, or health care related experience preferred. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Outlook. Must be flexible to learn additional IT applications as assigned.
Requisition ID: 2021-91877
Street: 3625 N Ankeny Blvd
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $15.08/Hr.
Name: Physical Therapy- N Ankeny
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 7:45am - 4:45pm M-F, some days may be 8:00am-5:00pm
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org